Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Reflecting on My Past Deeds and Defending My Future Ones

Tonight is the first night of Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. I am going to celebrate with my family: with my mom's side of the family.

I'm really worried about a repeat of Sunday night. I know that Grandpa F. respects my opinions, even if he does not always agree with them (this is possibly due to his philosopher background...but whatever the reason, when the subject of politics does comes up between us, I have never felt the need to cover my true opinions). Grandma R.B. has shown that she does not believe that my opinions are really my own. But that is nothing compared to my Great-Uncle B.K.

Uncle B.K. is strongly liberal. Whereas I prefer to avoid politics in social situations (not always, but mostly), he makes many political statements on the assumption that everyone will agree with him. It's probably true most of the time...at least, when I'm not there. But I am there. And, while I reserve my starting political discussions for this blog, I am considerably less reserved about responding to political discussions.

I am probably going to be the only Bush voter there. Unfortunately, I expect that instead of being able to enjoy my holiday and reflect on my past deeds, I will spend the evening by being on the defensive.

Wish me luck. I'll need it.

1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, September 15, 2004, Blogger Amie said...

I really like your blog, we have very similar political philosophys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home