Sunday, August 01, 2004

Excerpts from Kerry's Speech, Part II

This is part two in my commentary on things in John Kerry's speech that liberals are proud of, i.e. clips they have played on Air America. Go to Part I Go to Part III

We believe in the family value expressed in one of the oldest Commandments: "Honour thy father and thy mother." As President, I will not privatize Social Security.


To me, honoring my parents is not something I tend to equate with leaving them at the mercy of the whims of politicians and bueracrats. I would have thought that the better way to honor them would be to encourage them to take steps to save for their own retirement and then, when they can no longer take care of themselves, to help them myself, not just expect someone else to do it.

But maybe that's just me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home