Wednesday, August 25, 2004

NYC Protestors

A follow-up to yesterday's post:

The protestors have had their application to protest in Central Park denied by the judge. They have responded by saying that Central Park is a public place and that they intend to protest regardless of the decision.

Good for them.

The City of New York has not provided any reasonable reason to prohibit this protest and I support both the exercise of free speech in all cases as well as the exercise of freedom of assembly especially when the government tries to interfere.

Full disclosure: I have three, less noble, reasons for wanting them to protest in spite of the ruling against them.

  1. I want to see how the City is going to react to the illegal protestors,
  2. I want to see if Protest Warriors are going to show up, and
  3. I want to see how the RNC Protestors react to the Protest Warriors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home